We see clothes of our movie heroes just for some seconds sometimes. And because of that, I am always surprised by stories of movie costume managers about how much time they spend choosing the right clothes for a movie. And I always ask myself – was all that time spent worth it? Did anyone notice that this hue of the blue color symbolized the complicated inner world of the character? To be honest I really doubt this.
However, sometimes the dresses from the movies become a symbol not only of the movie itself but of some important life lesson. This is my list of five dresses. Do you have one?
Brown polka dot dress from Pretty Woman
Usually, other dresses from this movie end up in different top movie lists, but for me, it is this one.
- Symbol of the transformation of the female lead. For the first time, she looks like she belongs to this world (though she does not feel like this).
Dress from Dirty Dancing
Фильм, который снимался как проходной, стал вдруг культовым. Фильм, про не зря проведенные летние каникулы? Про то, как ты не умеешь что-то и вдруг вырастаешь над собой? И становишься кем-то другим? И можешь то, что не могу совсем недавно?
The movie that was shot as low budget something that would be forgotten very soon finally became iconic.
- Symbol of a dream to beautifully moving in a beautiful dress.
- Life lesson: even boring vacation with your parents can become a life experience.
Green dress from Atonement
This dress the female lead puts on for dinner after a hot summer day.
- Symbol of the fragility of the current moment.
- Life lesson: What you think is a problem becomes appears to be trivial later after you face real problems. Therefore enjoy life, have sex in an amazing green dress in the library if you have an opportunity.
Wedding dress from the Sex in the city
Sometimes I think that it was chosen to make thousands of people wonder why it was chosen. It is wrinkled even.
Symbol of what the heroine achieved in her relationship. Which are a wrinkled dress and a bird in her hair?
Life lesson: if you are planning to go somewhere in a huge wrinkled dress and a bird in the hair, maybe you should not go?
Green dress from Gone with the Wind
This dress is a symbol of everything you could think of:
- Symbol of revival, of creating something from nothing, invention, and imagination
- Life lesson: apparently you cannot come to a man to ask for money in an ugly dress.
I would love to hear about your favorite dresses and life lessons.
Save to Pinterest in order not to lose this post: